It has been a while since I last time use any Cloud services. Remembered last time when I tried register free trial Azure, Intune, Office 365 and Enterprise Mobility, it was....complicate. I did found many instructions how to do that, first register this, don't close the page, then register that..put your credit card, then register again...
Since all my free trial licenses are expired, so let's do it again. My first idea is use Intune, because I would like to try the new Intune portal, Intune offers 30 day free trial.
BUT, search a bit more, Enterprise Mobility + Security E5 offer 90 days trial, and it includes Intune! Here is details of EMS. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-platform/enterprise-mobility-security-pricing
Registration is pretty simple.
- Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-platform/enterprise-mobility-security-trial, Click Sign up for your free trial on the right side.
- It brings you to the sign up page. If you already have Azure subscription, you can click Sign in, and add EMS trial to your existing subscriptions.
Otherwise, you can create a new subscription. Even though it said "business email address", but it accepted my personal Gmail address.
- After click Next, it should bring you to this page. Choose a good name for your company. 🙂
Just let you know, if you choose Phone, you might receive calls from Microsoft. I did received few times calls from them, asked me how do I like Intune, and do I need any help. 🙂
- After click Create my account, you must prove you're not a robot!
- This page surprised me, really that easy? I am ready to go? 🙂
- Azure subscription or trial is required to use EMS (Enterprise Mobility + Security). Click Start, it will open a new windows, bring you to the Azure subscription or register trial.
If you do have Azure subscription, by clicking Start, it will open the old Azure portal, not the new Azure portal.
- OK, here is the Oops! Because I don't have Azure subscription yet. Click Azure subscription to register Azure.
- Sign up for Azure and get one month 170€ Azure credit. You will need to identify by phone and credit card.
Please read this about Azure subscription https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2016/02/26/azure-ad-mailbag-azure-subscriptions-and-azure-ad-2/
Note:An Azure subscription itself is free; however, when you sign up for a trial, you are asked to provide details of a valid credit card. A trial subscription is good for a month and gives you $200 credit towards Azure services during that period. You only pay for any Azure services that you consume in excess of that initial amount and you can cancel any time you like.
- If all your identification went ok, you should now has Azure subscription. Click on Get started with your Azure subscription, it will open new Azure portal for you.
- Now you have Azure and EMS. In Azure portal, you can find your Azure subscription status. If you want to see details of your EMS subscription, you can go to Office 365 portal. https://portal.office.com
So now what? Honestly, I don't know yet, there is a massive amount of information over internet about EMS.
For start, read this: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility
For those who confuse about subscriptions, licenses, tenants, can read this: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt765146.aspx
Then..until next time...