I am sure many of us are using trial licenses of Intune or EMS, once your trial license is expired, you can extend it for another 30 days. You should do it immediately when your trial is expired, because this 30 days starts to count when trial is expired, so if you don’t go click on Extend you will loose that extra 30 days trial.
It is very easy to extend your trial, just remember open your browser in private mode. I tried it without private mode, the Extend button doesn’t do anything.
1. Go to Office 365 portal https://portal.office.com
2. Open Admin Center
3. Open Billing – Purchase services
4. Go to Enterprise Mobility + Security E5 Trial, click on that three dot …
5. Choose Extend trial. Noticed that my license is expired on November 17.
6. Click on Next
7. You should able to see your credit card information.
8. Click on Edit details, and check if all your information are correct. If you didn’t open browser in private mode, you will get this error.
Note: the support article tells you set privacy settings in IE options or set protection mode, but it doesn’t help, I have tried it. 🙂
9. Click on Extend trial, I get another extra 27 days, not 30 days, because my license is expired on November 17, and I click on extend trial today (November 20).